I recently took a trip to NYC with my brother. While we are both very different, there was at least one thing we had in common… WE LOVE TO EAT! With so many options to choose from, here were some of our favorite NYC foods!
1. Chuck and Blade knows their cheese! As if a giant deep fried ball of mac and cheese wasn’t enough, they covered it with more cheese! Definitely a delicious option to start our trip off right!
2. Be sure to head back to the same area to try Buns Bar, located next to Chuck and Blade. Bring your appetite to try these unique burgers and ordering a milkshake at the end is a must! The mugs are covered with a buttermilk cream, decorated, and topped with a full piece of cake!
3. The Fat Monk (be sure to make a reservation). Upstairs is an outside patio and bar, but once you step downstairs the ambiance changes. The lights dim and it almost seems like we were in an underground cave. The burger was perfectly cooked and the French onion soup was on point. I also have to mention that I accidently left my credit card at this establishment and didn’t realize it until I arrived home in Minnesota. One of the managers was nice enough to mail it back to me! Talk about great customer service!
4. Want to take an adventure? Bring cash and an empty stomach! The Smorgasburg Food Festival has multiple food venues and is one of the most visited festivals in the US. Opened seasonally on the weekends, be sure you check Google to find the correct location (there are two).
5. Just a 10 minute walk from the Williamsburg Smorgasburg location is a cool ice cream shop with a new modern twist. -321 Ice Cream Shop uses nitrogen to make their ice cream! Watch it being made!
6. When my brother was little, his favorite food was chicken nuggets. Naturally we had to try The Nugget Spot. Each nugget was perfectly breaded and there were multiple flavors to choose from! Yum!By this time, I had gained at least 5lbs in 3 days and had to revert to my stretchy pants.
7. Dough Donuts is all about donuts, from making them to their decorations (tables, walls, chairs, pillows). It’s like being hugged by a giant donut! The donuts also taste delicious, so don’t miss out!