I’m proud to announce that the Off The Clock Nurse blog was recently awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I am so grateful and thankful to Plaid Shirt Yoga Pants for nominating me! It’s been eight months since I started this blog, and have since gone on to obtain sponsorships and freelance writing jobs! 15 countries and 6 continents in 2 years and counting!
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link (Thanks Mallory!!!)
• Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
• Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
Little Did You Know
- I grew up as a Navy Brat and moved around a lot during my childhood. After three elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools, moving around has become a normal part of my life. My wanderlust spark has never dimmed.
- I have been a Traveling Operating Room Nurse for the past five years, moving across the US after every 13 week contracted assignment. In that time I have been able to drive through, live, work, or vacation in 49 states. My last state to visit is Maine.
- Each country I have been honored to visit has had something different to offer. While all are beautiful, my favorite was venturing out on the safaris of South Africa. Watching a mother cheetah hunt a pack of impalas and make a kill to feed her cubs was an incredible experience! This along with feeding a 5 ton elephant, shark cage diving, petting a cheetah at the Rehabilitation Center, and so many more memories that you can read about here, South Africa Post, have made South Africa a special place to me.
- Although it may seem like my life is full of excitement, most of my time not traveling is spent catching up on my favorite Netflix shows and hanging out with my 5-year-old, blue heeler dog, Dakota. Sometimes it’s nice to relax.
- I don’t speak any other language other than English. However, since I started traveling I’ve learned how to say “Hello” and “Thank You” in five different languages.
- Spanish: Hola, Gracias
- Korean: Annyeonghaseo, Gamsahamnida
- Japanese: Kon’nichiwa, Arigato
- Thai: Swatika, Kab Kun Ka
- French: Bonjour, Merci
- I’m a huge football fan! For the past 4 seasons I have played Fantasy Football and I’m an avid Green Bay Packers fan! I also enjoy watching UFC fights and have been known to take a solo weekend trip to Las Vegas and buy a discounted last-minute ticket to a fight at MGM.
- Each year that goes by, I’m constantly asked when I’m going to “settle down.” Maybe one day I won’t have to settle down, but be able to find someone who can keep up! In the meantime, I started sending my friends and family Christmas cards every year to let them know how well I’m doing on my own.
And The Nominees Are
Girl With The Passport I love reading about all the mishaps she has during her travels. It really gives truth to the things that can go wrong while abroad. You will love her character and sense of humor.
Glimpses of The World This blogger really does take you around the world! She is a journalist who not only has been to the typical everyday most visited locations, but also took the opportunity to visit the Middle East and talk about some of the hardships we tend to forget about in our daily lives.
The Global Shuffle Charlotte is my inspiration. She quit her job after saving up enough and has lived her life on the road… or air, however you want to say it. Seeing the world without having to return home for work would be my dream!
How Not To Travel Like A Basic Bitch … cracks me up with every post! This blogger gets down and dirty without sparing the politically correctness that most bloggers keep to. I love the real verbiage that makes this blogger not even close to basic. Love it!